Monday, September 3, 2012

In a perfect world I hire people to paint my walls!

by The Big Sister

We've lived in our home for nearly 4 years and have been remodeling VERY SLOWLY, room by room and tax refund check by refund check.  One of our latest projects has been a year in the making.  We started by pulling up the horrendous parkay flooring sold with the house.  It was very orange in color and many of the pieces were worn and in need of attention.  This was replaced with 18'' ceramic tile in (insert color here - I have no idea.  It is very light in color) and boy did that freshen everything up! 

The walls maintained their original pinkish cream shade for several months until I could make my mind up on a paint color.  This wasn't easy and My Husband tells me to just go with what i want.  Well, I don't know what I want most of the time - too much to choose from!  So, when he went on a weekend Vegas trip with the guys I took the plunge. 

My original plan was to paint 3 walls a color named  Milestone by BEHR and go for a feature wall with the coordinating color that was listed on the color swatch - Manhattan Mist.  So I start with the feature wall - the longest and tallest wall in the room.  I complete the wall before deciding how much I disliked Manhattan Mist. The paint color was far to "cool" and bright for this room's light flooring, vaulted ceilings and large bay windows...so I repaint in Milestone.  When I chose the color originally I thought it was more of a gray then a blue/purple but it has grown on me.



Lots of things still need to happen in this room but we have a good start!
To do:
  • Paint Trim (blue painters tape is already in place as you can see)
  • Replace Switch-plates (or at least put the old ones back on)
  • Install a ceiling fan
  • Entertainment center
  • TV
  • End table
  • Lamp
  • Sofa
  • Recliner
  • Additional lighting
  • Some sort of buffet/bar/shelves/storage
  • Wall art
  • Gallery Wall (upcoming blog post) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...